WELFARE & PENSIONS
The Welfare team at Ocean Grove Barwon Heads RSL take the job seriously in caring and visiting our ex-service and service members within our area. We are a team of 9 and of those we have, 3 Welfare Officers, 1 Pension Officer, and 5 Home Visitors, all of which give their valuable time to have a chat and check that our veterans are OK and receiving the care and benefits that they are entitled to.
Can you spare a couple of hours each week – “YOU COULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE”
Click on “VOLUNTEERING” Tab (Heading)
Our volunteers visit 5 local aged care homes on a weekly basis and we also run a phone home project that checks on our not so mobile veterans in there home, to make sure that as the years creep up on them, that they are OK and manageing.
• Do you need Pensions or Welfare support ?
• Is a veteran in hospital and might welcome a visitor?
• Funeral – “RSL Ritual Poppy Services” for veterans.
• Allied and Commonwealth veterans benefits.
• Limited Emergency financial assistance.
• Visit members of the veteran community in their place of residence as needed.
• Facilitate many other forms of welfare support.
Welfare Officer – Lola Fisher Ph: 5256 2615 or mailto: email@example.com
• Application for service/war widows and disability pensions.
• Review and upgrade of existing pension
• Establish eligibility under the various forms of legislation
• Confirm diagnoses of injuries and/or illnesses
• Examine possibility of injuries and/or illnesses being service-related
• Assist in the preparation & submission of claims
• Track the progress of such claims
• Examine the decision on each claim and advise the veteran on the correctness of it.
Advocate – BobScott Ph: 0408 695467 or mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Assessing the potential and options for unsuccessful decisions to be reviewed at the appropriate level of appeal
• Preparation of submissions on behalf of applicants for the review board.
• Represent applicants throughout the review process
• Review decisions and provide further advice as required.
Advocate – Bob Scott 0408 695467 or mailto: email@example.com
All Enquiry’s are strictly confidential.
Am I eligible to use the RSL State Branch service?
RSL Pensions, Advocacy and Welfare Service is available to all veterans, former and current members of the Defence Force, and their dependants, whether they are RSL members or not.
Contact: Advocate, Bob Scott 0408 695467 or mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Welfare & Pension Officers can advise you of your entitlement to benefits according to your service history, even if you are not a current RSL member.
You can also establish your eligibility for benefits and entitlements through the Department of Veterans’ Affairs. For further information, visit the DVA website:www.dva.gov.au
Injured in the ADF?
If you are a Veteran or current/former ADF member, and have an injury or illness causally related to your ADF service, or you were discharged on medical grounds, you may be entitled to benefits you didn’t even know about.
For further information on the VEA, SRCA & MRCA, go the Department of Veterans’ Affairs website at www.dva.gov.au
ADF Reserves & Cadets
All members of the Australia Defence Force (ADF), including Reserves and Cadets, have compensation coverage under the provisions of the Safety Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988 (SRCA) for injury arising out of or in the course of employment before 1 July 2004, post 2004 coverage is under MRCA (i.e.: duty in the ADF, Reserves, Cadet Corps). This includes injury sustained while travelling between a member’s place of residence and place of employment, including Reserve parades, camps etc.
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER
Why don’t you come along and get involved in this very rewarding and satisfying activity, some of our team members are mothers with children, who still find a bit of spare time to make somebody else’s life a little more interesting. Full training and assistance is provided and all it will cost you is a couple of hours.
Click on “VOLUNTEERING” Tab (Heading)