Minutes of the Ocean Grove Barwon Heads Sub-Branch General Meeting
Held at the Ocean Grove Bowling Club On 18 November 2019.
- Opening. The Chairman declared the meeting open at 1400hrs.
- Present. 35 members
- Apologies. 7 members
- Previous Minutes. D. Gilroy outlined the major points from the previous minutes.
- Business Arising from the Previous Minutes. Nil.
Previous Minutes Received: Moved: S. Arnott Seconded: G. Fisher
a. Treasurer’s Report. A copy of the Treasurer’s Report for October was provided. The Treasurer noted
the Report also included the proceeds from Remembrance Day 2019 which have now been transferred
to the State Branch. Tony also highlighted the increased cost for the submission of Death Notices in the Newspaper.
Moved: T. Wheal Seconded: R. Marklew
b. Welfare. No Report.
- CR J. Mason – Response to Remembrance Day Invitation.
- COGG – Wing Wall Decision
- DVA – Veterans Covenant Pack
- Email to Cr J. Mason – Remembrance Day Invitation
- Invitations to XMAS Party
- Membership Renewal Notices
- Press Releases after Remembrance Day
d. Appeals & Rosters. Tony Wheal advised that Remembrance Day was done and dusted other than the
stocktake. He also reported how impressed the committee had been with the filling of roster positions
and the minimal number of changes. A well done to all who persisted in the poor conditions.
e. Ceremonial. Set for Remembrance Day. Jim Mason will most likely be the guest speaker.
f. Public Relations & Membership. John Dickinson advised that 83 of the 110 renewals were still
outstanding. He also asked members to ensure they entered payee details when making payment to ensure accurate record keeping.
g. Pensions Report. No Report
h. Reports Received: Moved: W. Gee Seconded: G. Fisher
- New Business.
a. Xmas Party. The President urged members to get along to the Xmas Party on 6 Dec 19.
b. Veterans Covenant. Richard Lewis outlined the process for applying for the Veterans Covenant.
Noting that it can only be applied for online via My Gov the Committee will identify a suitable time to
assist members with their applications.
c. SES Tin Shake. Simon Golby who is also a member of the SES asked all members to contribute
toward the SES Tin Shake on 13 Dec 19.
d. Raffle. A total of $116 was received for the raffle. Tony Wheal won $58. Money was placed on the
- Next Meeting. The next meeting will be the Annual General Meeting which is scheduled for Monday 17 February 2020 commencing at 1400hrs.
- Closure. There being no further business the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 1417hrs.
K. Arnott R. Lewis
Chairman Minute Secretary